Peter,

Thank you for the explanation.

Linda

-----Original Message-----
From: Peter Psenak <ppse...@cisco.com>
Sent: Wednesday, June 10, 2020 3:40 AM
To: Linda Dunbar <linda.dun...@futurewei.com>; Acee Lindem (acee)
<a...@cisco.com>; gen-art@ietf.org
Cc: last-c...@ietf.org; draft-ietf-ospf-te-link-attr-reuse....@ietf.org;
l...@ietf.org
Subject: Re: [Lsr] Genart last call review of
draft-ietf-ospf-te-link-attr-reuse-12

Linda,

On 09/06/2020 22:20, Linda Dunbar wrote:
> Peter,
>
> Thank you for the explanation.
>
> So you are saying that a node might not support RSVP or RSVP-TE, but can
> advertise the TE related attributes for SR purpose. When  the head node
> receiving the advertisement also support RSVP-TE, it might use the
> information to establish the RSVP path, which will be rejected by the node
> that don't support RSVP but advertise the TE related information?  is it
> correct?

yes.

> It would be useful if you can add a statement to explain the scenario that a
> node only has a subset of links supporting RSVP-TE but also capable of
> advertising TE related attributes for links that are not enabled for RSVP-TE.

There is a text in the draft:

     An example where this ambiguity causes a problem is a network in
     which RSVP-TE is enabled only on a subset of its links.  A link
     attribute is advertised for the purpose of another application (e.g.
     SRTE) for a link that is not enabled for RSV-TE.  As soon as the
     router that is an RSVP-TE head-end sees the link attribute being
     advertised for that link, it assumes RSVP-TE is enabled on that
     link, even though it is not.  If such RSVP-TE head-end router tries
     to setup an RSVP-TE path via that link it will result in the path
     setup failure.

thanks,
Peter