Hi Herbert,

Thanks for the reply! Please see inline

(I wasn’t sure whether you wanted by reply by e-mail, or in GitHub, so I send
it by e-mail).

---

>Q1: The I-D went through the HTTPAPI WG tagged as intended to be published as
>an Informational RFC. It do not remember suggestions to
>go down a different path. Maybe @richsalz<https://github.com/richsalz>
>@darrelmiller<https://github.com/darrelmiller> have an opinion on whether or
>not Informational is inappropriate?

The reason I ask is because the definition of Information says:
   “An "Informational" specification is published for the general
   information of the Internet community, and does not represent an
   Internet community consensus or recommendation.”

To me the draft is a little more than a “specification published for the
general information of the Internet community”.

I guess IESG will decide whether Informational is appropriate. To me it sounds
strange, and that’s the reason I asked :)

---

>Q2: The I-D defines the application/linkset+json media type and leverages an
>established technique (provision of context as per as per Section 6.8 of the
>W3C JSON-LD
>Recommendation(https://www.w3.org/TR/2014/REC-json-ld-20140116/#interpreting-json-as-json-ld)
> to allow that JSON to be interpreted as JSON-LD. This approach allows
>communities of use to specify a context that best serves their needs and does
>not require imposing specific vocabularies.

Perhaps it would be useful to have some text explaining that.

Also, I assume that an entity that supports the media type is not required to
support JSON-LD, so maybe explicitly clarifying that too?

---

>Q3: Yes, the sentence you suggest would work, although the "based on the
>syntax" bit might be interpreted as "that syntax with a few twists". I feel
>that the
>existing sentence does not leave such room for interpretation. A matter of
>preferred style, I guess.

If the syntax is identical, you could say something like ”using the syntax of
the Link header field”.

In any case, it is just editorial, so whatever you prefer :) However, please
verify that you use the same terminology throughout the document.

---

>Q4: The term document format doesn't sound quite appropriate, indeed. I
>suggest replacing the sentence:
>
>Therefore, this specification defines two document formats that serialize Web
>Links and their attributes.
>
>by the following sentence that matches the terminology used in the Abstract:
>
>Therefore, this specification defines two document formats for representing
>sets of Web Links and their attributes as stand-alone documents.

Your new text looks better :)

However, my comment was regarding having a reference for “document”. For
example, is it different than “payload format”, which is often used?

---

>Q5: I suggest replacing the sentence:
>
>One serializes links in the same format as used in HTTP the Link header field,
>and the other as a JSON object.
>
>by:
>
>One serializes links in the same format as used in HTTP the Link header field,
>and the other serializes links in JSON.

Looks good.

Regards,

Christer

On Tue, Jan 11, 2022 at 12:27 AM Christer Holmberg via Datatracker