Thank you Karen for letting us know that you are inviting your students to the mailing list. It would be great to hear their perspective on the topics related to gender and Wikipedia (and Wikimedia). So, I hope that they decide to participate.
Sydney FloNight On Sun, Sep 4, 2011 at 1:42 PM, Karen Sue Rolph <[email protected]>wrote: > > Dear Colleagues, > > I am too busy right now to weigh in on everything I'd like to; I have > expertise on gender and diversity, which is why I'm here. > > I am offering the gendergap list to my Wikipedia class (university) > students effective next week, so please anticipate new "faces." The > greatest concentration will be female, but I am pleased we have a diverse > group, ethnically, linguistically, and culturally. Please be kind to our > newcomers; we may all make some mistakes while coming to understand > Wikipedia's liberties and constraints. I will not assign the list in terms > of coursework, but I want (especially female) students to know this forum > exists. Some students will have staying power; I see it as a shared > privilege to encourage all students demonstrating an inclination to get > involved with Wikipedia contributing. Thank you in advance for supporting > new subscribers to this list, and the goal of greater gender and diversity > equity in Wikipedia. > > KSRolph > > _______________________________________________ > Gendergap mailing list > [email protected] > https://lists.wikimedia.org/mailman/listinfo/gendergap > >
_______________________________________________ Gendergap mailing list [email protected] https://lists.wikimedia.org/mailman/listinfo/gendergap
