On 11/19/2011 10:48 PM, Bjoern Hoehrmann wrote:
* Carol Moore wrote:
Because the two editors calling for deletion may be biased vs. woman
pianist's ethnicity, I don't know if this really is an article fit for
deletion, especially for those of us who are inclusionists.
Could you explain the difference between people who are biased with
respect to other people's ethnicity -- and racists?

All I know is what I read in wikipedia:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Race_%28classification_of_humans%29
*"Race* is classification of humans <http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Human> into large and distinct populations <http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Population> or groups <http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Group_%28sociology%29> by factors such as heritable phenotypic <http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Phenotype> characteristics or geographic ancestry, but also often influenced by and correlated with traits such as appearance, culture <http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Culture>, ethnicity <http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ethnicity>, and socio-economic status <http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Socioeconomic_status>. ... Accordingly, the racial paradigms <http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Paradigm> employed by different kinds of biological or social scientists may vary in their emphasis on biological reduction <http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Biological_reductionism> as contrasted with societal construction <http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Social_constructivism>...."

So I guess I can be allowed my own incomplete, ambiguous, contradictory and/or muddled views :-)

But maybe the discussion of what is and is not a woman would be more appropriate here :-)

CM in DC