Welcome Elaine, and thanks for keeping this moving!  The comments on
that G+ are very informative.

I'd love to see some reliable sources to back up that
a) it was an attempt at humour
(http://www.comon.dk/art/216015/kvinder-skal-holde-kaeft-boern-skal-have-vaaben-og-vi-skal-knalde-bevidstloese-kaellinger
?)
b) his humour has been regularly found to be in bad taste
(http://mediawatch.dk/artikel/mads-christensen-undskylder-eb-klumme ?)

part (b) establishes that this event is just a once off misunderstanding

still no feedback at

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wikipedia_talk:WikiProject_Gender_Studies#Dell_Summit

On Wed, May 16, 2012 at 8:50 AM, Elaine Mao <elainek...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Dell posted an apology on their Google+ page yesterday:
> https://plus.google.com/117161668189080869053/posts/5Zg5FdFEydi
>
> "During a Dell-hosted customer and partner summit in Copenhagen in April,
> well-known public speaker and moderator, Mads Christensen, made a number of
> inappropriate and insensitive remarks about women. Dell sincerely apologizes
> for these comments...Going forward, we will be more careful selecting
> speakers at Dell events."
>
> Although as CNET's Molly Wood points out, it falls a bit short of being an
> adequate apology:
> http://news.cnet.com/8301-31322_3-57434780-256/dell-apologizes-for-hiring-sexist-summit-moderator/?part=rss&subj=news&tag=title
>
> "Comments on the Google+ apology have noted that it's not a particularly
> visible apology, which is true; it's also a little tepid, primarily touting
> Dell's female-forward initiatives rather than pointing out any actions it's
> taken in response to that incident (a reprimand? a letter of apology to the
> women -- and men -- in the audience that day?). Nevertheless, it's
> something, and it's a better apology than the one Danish Director Nicolai
> Moresco issued shortly after the event."
>
> --Elaine
> (By the way--hello everyone! I don't usually post to this list, which I
> suppose I've been lurking on for some time now, but I've been semi-following
> this thread and I happened to come across this coverage, so I thought I'd
> make myself useful and post an update :) I currently intern in the WMF's
> communications department, and you can also find me at User:Revolutionetc)
>
> On Mon, May 14, 2012 at 2:56 AM, Ole Palnatoke Andersen
> <palnat...@gmail.com> wrote:
>>

>> On Mon, May 14, 2012 at 2:09 AM, John Vandenberg <jay...@gmail.com> wrote:

>>> Also worth noting, the Danish Wikipedia description of Christiane
>>> Vejlø (the tweeter) is very similar to that of Mads Christensen, so
>>> they are in the same sector, as is Christiane's husband, and this
>>> could have some bearing on how she wrote her piece about Mads.
>>>
>>> https://da.wikipedia.org/wiki/Christiane_Vejl%C3%B8
>>

>> Christiane Vejlø and Mads Christensen are more or less in the same sector
>> (lifestyle and such); Christiane Vejlø's husband is a stand up comedian.
>>
>> Regards,
>> Ole
>>
>> Disclaimer: I have participated in a social event with Christiane a couple
>> of years ago. Never met her husband nor Mads.
>>

>> --
>> http://palnatoke.org * @palnatoke * +4522934588

John Vandenberg