Hi everyone, I wanted to forward the below message about the Grant Advisory Committee. I'm not sure the gender of all participants, but, I'm sure it's primarily a male based group of candidates at this time. I encourage you to sign up if you seek to support Wikimedians seeking grant support from chapters and the Wikimedia Foundation. A more balanced gender of participants can lead to not only a more balanced viewpoint on funding, but also may encourage more women to apply for grants.

Great to also see our own Cindy up for the running :) Thanks Cindy for volunteering!

-Sarah

-------- Original Message --------
Subject:        Re: [Wikimedia-l] The Grant Advisory Committee is expanding!
Date:   Tue, 12 Jun 2012 14:55:18 -0700
From:   Asaf Bartov <abar...@wikimedia.org>

Reminder: The Grant Advisory Committee is expanding.  If you'd like to help
grantees and the Foundation in its grantmaking, consider submitting your
candidacy here:

http://meta.wikimedia.org/wiki/Grant_Advisory_Committee/Candidates

Cheers,

   Asaf

On Mon, Jun 4, 2012 at 5:33 PM, Asaf Bartov<abar...@wikimedia.org>  wrote:

 Dear colleagues,

 The Wikimedia Foundation would like to expand its Grant Advisory
 Committee[1], and we would like you to consider whether you might be
 interested in volunteering in that capacity.

 The GAC (as it is affectionately known) is an advisory body performing a
 double function in relation to the Wikimedia Foundation's Grants Program[3]
 --

 1. The GAC advises grant applicants on how to improve and clarify their
 proposals and their plans.  This often extends to advice not just about how

 If this sounds like something you might want to help with, please review
 the description of the GAC[1] and the membership criteria[2].  If you think
 you meet the criteria, add your name to the candidates page[4] with a brief
 statement demonstrating your meeting the criteria.  This is to be an open
 process, and the number of seats on the GAC is not predetermined; we expect
 all qualifying candidates to be admitted into the GAC.

 Please help us reach potential volunteers by sharing/forwarding this
 announcement in appropriate community mailing lists.

 Finally, I'd like to thank the incumbent members of the GAC (founded
 exactly one year ago), who are putting in their time and experience and
 have been making a real difference in our grantmaking this past year.

 Thank you,

    Asaf

 [1] http://meta.wikimedia.org/wiki/Grant_Advisory_Committee
 [2]