On 08/26/2012 09:20 AM, Thomas Morton wrote:
On 26 August 2012 15:16, Carol Moore DC <carolmoor...@verizon.net <mailto:carolmoor...@verizon.net>> wrote:

    On 8/26/2012 9:58 AM, Thomas Morton wrote:

        Right now there are 3 questionable AfD's and various
        nominations, etc.  Plus a bunch of Good article nominees and
        other listings.

    On a "fostering friendly atmosphere" note; characterising actions
    as "questionable" is not very nice.

    Tom

    Questionable is being nice.  "shitty" "sexist" "woman hating BS"
    is what is not very nice - in a wikipedia context, anyway... :-)

    CM

Are you /seriously /implying I nominated the Tod Akin article for those reasons?

Tom

I think a related point of concern is the tone that editors can take during some of these deletion discussions, although it is disturbing to have so many iconic feminist articles nominated for deletion at once (Pussy Riot, pregnancy from rape, Sandra Fluke). Some of the comments //just a party tool// //"fame" is "do you remember that person Rush called a slut?"// on the most recent DRV for Sandra Fluke (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wikipedia:Deletion_review/Log/2012_August_22#Sandra_Fluke) made me wish that there was some teeth in [[WP:CIVIL]].
Gobonobo