Right Pete,

It is an important distinction to make, thanks for that. For example........

A person in the UK is having a meal in a restaurant. It's not exactly
a private setting is it? Do they have an expectation of privacy?

Read
https://commons.wikimedia.org/wiki/Commons:Country_specific_consent_requirements#United_Kingdom
for the answer to that.

For those who are too lazy to click:

"Another recent court case "upheld a right to eat a meal in a
restaurant in privacy even though the restaurant owner had consented
to the photography, because in the court's view it was a customer's
normal expectation not to be photographed there."

These are all the types of distinctions that we on Commons make every
day; day in day out.

Regards,

Russavia