  _____

From: gendergap-boun...@lists.wikimedia.org
[mailto:gendergap-boun...@lists.wikimedia.org] On Behalf Of Daniel and
Elizabeth Case
Sent: Thursday, 11 December 2014 6:27 AM
To: Addressing gender equity and exploring ways to increase
theparticipationof women within Wikimedia projects.
Subject: Re: [Gendergap] Arbcom election

>I bet the majority of people 1) have no clue what arbcom is 2) probably
don't care much if they do because most people won't end up there

Exactly. I suspect the irrelevance of ArbCom to so many editors is perhaps a
good thing ... perhaps more disputes than we are ever aware of get resolved
at the lowest levels, the way they're supposed to be, with no long-term
effect on the participants' enthusiasm for contributing further.

Daniel Case