Hi all,

During March we will be running an Inspire Campaign to proactively source
and support new projects aimed at addressing Wikimedia’s gender gap:
https://meta.wikimedia.org/wiki/Grants:IdeaLab/Inspire_Grants_%E2%80%93_Gender_gap_campaign

Our goals are two-fold:

1. Experiment with running scalable themed campaigns in IdeaLab to incubate
more initiatives aimed at having a focused collective impact.

2. Proactively support community initiatives aimed at increasing gender
diversity in contributors to, and content of, Wikimedia projects.

Why are we piloting with a gender gap theme? A variety of initiatives are
needed to increase diversity and reduce systemic bias on Wikimedia
projects, but so far these haven’t emerged organically at scale. Without
taking time to focus together on increasing gender diversity in our content
and contributors, this trend is likely to continue. WMF’s Individual
Engagement Grants and Project and Event Grants could support such
initiatives, and we're interested to learn how specifically inviting
proposals in this area can have an impact.

March is WikiWomen’s History Month, and it’s a great time to focus extra
attention and energy together on addressing the gender gap.

We need your help! We’re looking for volunteers to join our team in the
following roles:

1. Community organizers:  Spread the the word about the campaign to your
local communities, maintain a friendly space in IdeaLab, facilitate
development of ideas and project teams. (March)

2. Translators: Translate campaign content and gender gap resources into
your language. This is a global campaign, so all languages are welcome.
Some languages we’d particularly like to be able to support include:
Spanish, Arabic, Malayalam, Telugu, and Ukrainian. (February and March)

3. Funding committee: Facilitate development of ideas to grant proposals,
support idea-creators to improve proposals, greenlight projects for funding
via either Individual Engagement Grants or Project & Event Grants. (March
and April)

If you’re interested in any of the above roles, please signup under
“Participants” on the planning page or email Siko or Alex by February 10th.

https://meta.wikimedia.org/wiki/Grants:IdeaLab/Inspire_Grants_%E2%80%93_Gender_gap_campaign#Get_involved

Warm regards,
The Inspire Team

--