Not to keep harping on how important it is to vote for arbcom, but I'm
still just flummoxed by the fact that arbcom is elected by about half
a percent of very active editors, and a smaller portion still of
editors who meet the requirements and have edited in say, the last
year.

Speaking as someone who does vote in ArbCom elections regularly, although I rarely closely follow what that body does ... I think this might reflect the oft-unacknowledged fact that a great deal more editors than we realize do the tasks they have set out for themselves, "all alone or in twos", so to speak, managing to complete them and resolve differences of opinion amongst themselves without resorting to any sort of formal dispute-resolution process. Of course it's only going to be those who have a reason to care who care about ArbCom—and, naturally, that group is going to include a greater proportion of those who have agendas they'd like to see ArbCom promote.

Daniel Case