--- Muhammad Alkarouri <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote: > I am a little sick now, so sorry if I put all subjects in one basket.
Hope you get better soon. > - The distro project: we are still trying to compile a good page with > the linux arabization. Current ideas are to certify applications with > colors (red,orange,yellow,green,blue). I'd stick to numbers (say 5 being best and 1 being worst or similar). Colors are confusing (at best) and numbers (of anything - stars, camels, figs, etc) are a great deal clearer. > After some days (I can't say when, but when I feel better) I > will update it with some points and with a better version including more > explanation for distro certification. Looking forward to it. > - The distro project (3): In order to give room for more participation > of the community (==myself less participating), a todo list will be > setup. Say it aint so - the todo list/file is great, but I hope you will continue with this (at a min until the first release of all that we've planned to accomplish is released). > - I am piggybacking here a formal request for a CVS account, as it seems > that our versions of the distro docs will benefit from residing in the > site, they are almost ready for a version 0.35 (may be?) I will look into this and get back to you in private (ping me again if you don't get anything from me in 1-2 days). > - Nadim: I have just heard of shape_arabic.pl I would definitely love to > toy with it a little, as a learning tool for Arabic shaping issues(perl > I already know, at least enough to translate programs I need into > python;). I wasn't able to use it, so I would spare a little > explanation. What is the system setup sufficient to use it correctly? The script should have worked under perl-5.6.0 and I'm guessing you are running the more recent 5.8.0. In any regard, I've modified the script to now work properly under 5.8, so give it another try. Salam. - Nadim __________________________________ Do you Yahoo!? The New Yahoo! Shopping - with improved product search http://shopping.yahoo.com _______________________________________________ General mailing list [EMAIL PROTECTED] http://lists.arabeyes.org/mailman/listinfo/general

