On Tue, 20 Feb 2018, sebb wrote:

Date: Tue, 20 Feb 2018 11:37:12 +0100
From: sebb <seb...@gmail.com>
To: general@attic.apache.org
Subject: Re: Redirects for attic project download directories

On 20 February 2018 at 09:21, Henk P. Penning <penn...@uu.nl> wrote:

  We would map it into attic-space if we could do it elegantly.

This still preserves the URL as far as the public are concerned.
Which is my point: we preserve ghost.a.o,

  Of course, but I hope we can add the "retired" top-of-page
  stuff without touching the content of ghost.a.o.

                                          and at present we preserve
www.a.o/dist/ghost as a redirect.

  Of course ; but that is fixable with 3 or 4 rewrite rules
  in the config of www.apache.org/dist/ ; that is, without
  the www.a.o/dist/ghost directories.

  These rules will work for GHOST ; as soon as there is
  a "attic.a.o/projects/GHOST.html" page, www.a.o will
  redirect to it.
  [ on the webserver, the page is in file
    /x1/www/attic.apache.org/projects/GHOST.html"
  ]

  So, there is no need for dist/attic/GHOST ;
  after attic.a.o/projects/GHOST.html is created,
  infra can simply svn rm dist/release/GHOST ;
  I believe that is the usual work-flow.
  correct me if I'm wrong :-).

I think that is worth keeping.

  Of course.

  Fixing website GHOST.apache.org is a hassle.
  It would be nice if we could present it "as is",
  prefixed with the necessary "RETIRED" head.

That's a subject for a separate thread.

  Agree :-)
  Ideas (or working examples) welcome ;
  think "mod_proxy", "mod_sed" etc.

  Groeten,

  HPP

Henk P. Penning, ICT-beta                 R Uithof MG-403    _/ \_
Leuvenlaan 4, 3584CE Utrecht, NL          F +31 30 253 4553 \_/ \_/
http://www.staff.science.uu.nl/~penni101/ M penn...@uu.nl     \_/