On Thu, 12 Apr 2018, sebb wrote:

Date: Thu, 12 Apr 2018 17:53:42 +0200
From: sebb <seb...@gmail.com>
To: general@attic.apache.org
Subject: attic_filter suggestions

The new filter is great as it makes the Attic's job much simpler.

  Yep ; it does ; a bit.

However it looks a bit odd to see the project name only in lower case;
it would be nice if it showed the name in the correct format.

  Work is still in progress ; we'll make it nicer, if easy and robust.

For many projects that just means capitalising the first letter.

For others there could be a conversion table.

Also, the marker is currently implemented as a directory containing an
empty file of the same name, e.g.

flagged/oltu.apache.org/oltu.apache.org

  That is (for now) a safeguard ; what happened is that the
  'show-a-banner' condition :

    -d /var/attic.apache.org/flagged/%{HTTP_HOST}

  was mangeled by puppet and effectively was

    -d /var/attic.apache.org/flagged/

  so, for a few minutes /every/ TLP got a banner ...

That seems a bit unnecessary; surely it would be enough to just have a
file under flagged?

  ... work is still in progress.

  We will have to see if this works for all GHOST.apache.org sites ;
  As is, some oltu.apache.org pages don't show the banner.

  Work will continue in about a week.

  Regards,

  HPP

Henk P. Penning, ICT-beta                 R Uithof MG-403    _/ \_
Leuvenlaan 4, 3584CE Utrecht, NL          F +31 30 253 4553 \_/ \_/
http://www.staff.science.uu.nl/~penni101/ M penn...@uu.nl     \_/