On 17 April 2018 at 11:59, Jan Iversen <j...@apache.org> wrote:

> Sent from my iPad
>
>> On 17 Apr 2018, at 12:53, sebb <seb...@gmail.com> wrote:
>>
>>> On 15 April 2018 at 10:42, Jan Iversen <j...@apache.org> wrote:
>>>

>>> Sent from my iPad

>>> I agree on that, but with the limitations, the only solution would be a
>>> build job, that somehow triggers on svn commit. I have no experience with
>>> that but patches are welcome.
>>
>> I have created INFRA-16384
>>
>> The test.html page and script mostly work well, however AFAICT there
>> is as yet no support for the existing URLs, e.g.
>> http://attic.apache.org/projects/abdera.html. These must continue to
>> be supported.
>>
> why is that a demand, they have no function as such.

Because they are referenced elsewhere.
For example oltu.apache.org links to https://attic.apache.org/projects/oltu.html
And the existing index page publishes links to the summary pages.

URLs should not be abandoned without good reason.

>> I'm not sure that is easy to do with client-side Javascript.
>>
>> [There is no code currently to customise the text "... choose to fork ACE
>> ...".]
> Easy done, I simply overlooked it.
>>
>> The JSON file needs to be extended to cater for customised project
>> pages, such as
>> http://attic.apache.org/projects/abdera.html
>> which has details of related projects. That should be easy enough.
> I politely disagree to this, that page e.g. contains a link to dist which are
> cleaned.

No idea what you mean by the reference to dist and cleaning.

The page contains references to other projects which I think need to be kept.

> I strongly believe it is a lot better that all project pages follow the same
> template, project individual information are contained on the old
> <project>.apache.org page.
>
> And btw all newer project pages follow the template I made.

Some examples?