On 22 April 2018 at 14:53,  <j...@apache.org> wrote:
> Hi
>
> Looking at the latest emails, it seems like a compromise between the 2
> solutions are the best solution.
>
> How about if the combine the proposals to the following (that would make my
> life easier, and hopefully satisfy the majority of problems Sebb see).
>

> Based on site-json I propose the following changes:
>
> Change docs/scripts/attic.js to project.json (kept as pure json outside docs).
> Remove xdocs.
>
> Allow a build job to monitor for svn changes and if any active a generation
> script.
>
> The generation script does the following:
> - generate a sidebar.inc which is included (physically in all files)

Not sure how you mean the inclusion to work.
Do you mean a server-side include? That increases the load on the
server, but Infra may agree to it.
Or would the project.md template be processed to include the contents?

> - Generate a page pr. project in projects, based on a 1 template “project.md”
> or similar

What would convert project.md into projects/project.html?

What about the additional data that is present in many of the XML files?
Where would that be stored?
It's really awkward to put it in projects.json.

> - Generate a flagged directory (if field “flag” is present in the JSON
> object”)

OK.

> This solves all URL issues, the concern about JS, all redirection issues as
> far as I can see…and (to me) importantly maintenance is updating
> projects.json and nothing more (related to the site).
>
> How do you all feel about this compromise ?

I think it is closer, but it does not cover the requirement to
preserve the existing additional data in the XML files.