On Fri, 27 Apr 2018, Jan Iversen wrote:

Date: Fri, 27 Apr 2018 15:04:50 +0200
From: Jan Iversen <j...@apache.org>
To: general@attic.apache.org
Subject: Re: new sites and swarm of commits.

Hi Jan,

   ---
   name: Oltu
   project: oltu
   retired: April 2018
   mailnames:
     - dev
     - user
     - commits
   tracker:
     - JIRA
     - OLTU
   scm: svn
   wiki: https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/oltu/
     Apache Oltu was an OAuth protocol implementation in Java. It also
     covers others OAuth family related implementations such as JWT, JWS
     and OpenID Connect
   ---

 What is complicated about that ?
for one it is, yaml, and I still have not seen any online validator of
that. json offers online validation so som faulty commits are avoided
(not all I know).

  Why check ? If there's a yaml error the generator shows exactly
  where the error occurs ; I think we can catch that.
  If/when an error occurs, nothing should be committed, of course.

secondly I believe having fields like JIRA and svn are wrong un very
unflexible, having the url is a lot more generic. how will you retire
e.g. AOO that runs its own bugzilla instance.

  I agree ; just an url is fine ; but 'as is' is easy too.

and I have to learn yaml.

  Copy/paste/edit of the example above should suffice almost always.

 Just ignore the commits. We'll judge the stuff when dev is done.
 I think we're mostly done.

both of you keep saying that....I still believe that having a
volunteer who will actually maintain it is now more important than
seeing the final bits.

  Ok ; I'll volunteer to maintain the site.
  I would love to see the stuff "at work".

jan i

  Regards,

  HPP

Henk P. Penning, ICT-beta                 R Uithof MG-403    _/ \_
Leuvenlaan 4, 3584CE Utrecht, NL          F +31 30 253 4553 \_/ \_/
http://www.staff.science.uu.nl/~penni101/ M penn...@uu.nl     \_/