I've run FreeNAS for a couple of years with no trouble. I've utilized mainly for NFS but some CIFS.

--

Keith Stokes

On Sep 24, 2009, at 8:50 AM, "Dustin Puryear" <dpury...@puryear- it.com> wrote:

Yeah, we played around with OpenFiler, but for some reason I didn’t get the feel that I’d want to run it for long.

From: general-boun...@brlug.net [mailto:general-boun...@brlug.net] On Behalf Of Tim Fournet
Sent: Wednesday, September 23, 2009 5:25 PM
To: general@brlug.net
Subject: Re: [brlug-general] Open Filer

Sorry, I meant iSCSI TARGET, not Initiator...

On Wed, Sep 23, 2009 at 5:21 PM, Tim Fournet <tfour...@tfour.net> wrote: I used it about two years ago as an iSCSI initiator. It worked pretty well for a while, but we needed something a little more solid, supportable, and scalable, so we eventually ended up getting a full-blown SAN.

The main problems I had were due to the rPath-based Linux distro that it ran on (this may have changed by now) and some of the updates to the OS caused problems with the iSCSI stack. After this happened a few times, I scrambled for something that's got less of a moving target for a foundation.