Seem like I remember reading Monty was bounced out of Sun/MySQL after
about 6 months.  I think he didn't like the way Sun wanted to run
things; which might have included either killing MySQL or leaving it
commercial-only.

The related question to ask would be "Why does Sun need 2 free
databases?"

Keith Stokes