Sing out if you don't find anyone.  I can supply several bored teenagers who would love to hit things with a hammer.  ;-)

On 12/8/2013 4:27 PM, Mark A. Lappin wrote:

Pretty sensitive data, need to destroy the data on the tapes and then dispose of the tapes.  Hoping to find a company that can just take care of it (also have some zip disks, jazz disks, a box of floppies, hard drives with broken drive heads but again, sensitive data).    I don’t have to magnetically destroy it, but I can’t justify my time or the guy who works for me’s time busting everything with a hammer and then taking scissors to the tape; just to much.

Mark A. Lappin, CCNA, MCITP: Enterprise Administrator | Lee Michaels Fine Jewelry
Director of Information Technology
11314 Cloverland Ave | Baton Rouge, LA 70809

Ph: 225.368.3645 | Fax: 225.368.3675
ma...@lmfj.com | www.lmfj.com
[image]
Like Us on Facebook

Watch the Lee Michaels Story

This communication is privileged and confidential. If you are not the intended recipient, please notify the sender by reply e-mail and destroy all copies of this communication .

From: General [mailto:general-boun...@brlug.net] On Behalf Of Keith Stokes
Sent: Sunday, December 08, 2013 4:06 PM
To: general@brlug.net
Subject: Re: [brlug-general] old tapes

I can probably put my hands on one of the bulk erasers used for old broadcast tapes. Computer tapes are a lot denser but I've managed to scramble data before. It would probably depend upon how serious you are about destroying.

--

Keith Stokes

Does anybody have a recommendation for a company who can handle destruction of old backup tapes (and associated data on said tapes).

Mark A. Lappin, CCNA, MCITP: Enterprise Administrator | Lee Michaels Fine Jewelry
Director of Information Technology
11314 Cloverland Ave | Baton Rouge, LA 70809

Ph: 225.368.3645 | Fax: 225.368.3675
ma...@lmfj.com |
www.lmfj.com
<picture2a75ba>