*Van:* general-boun...@developer.marklogic.com [mailto:
general-boun...@developer.marklogic.com] *Namens *Todd Gochenour
*Verzonden:* zondag 26 februari 2012 1:05
*Aan:* MarkLogic Developer Discussion
*Onderwerp:* Re: [MarkLogic Dev General] Processing Large Documents?

Ah, of course.   Compression.   I looked to see that the legacy system has
SQL statements for insert and select of the table doc_fil and it is calling
compress() and uncompress().  I found this on google, InnoDB implements
compression with the help of the well-known zlib library<http://www.zlib.net/>,
which implements the LZ77 compression algorithm. The dump is not
de-compressing the field.     I don't suppose MarkLogic has a solution for
this.  Maybe?