Hi Indy,
Use Fields for include and exclude elements for search on specific elements and
then you can use cts:field-word-match() or other relevant query.
Regards,Asit Nautiyal

Date: Thu, 23 Jul 2015 19:27:03 +0530
From: indrajeet.ve...@gmail.com
To: general@developer.marklogic.com
Subject: [MarkLogic Dev General] Regarding Excluding a node from search

Hi All,
I am doing free text search by using search libraries. I am using
search:search/search:resolve etc.. We have elements <footnote> inside documents
and I don't want to include these nodes in my search.
e.g.
If I search Effective , this should not return result.
If I search confidential , this should return result however match count should
be only 2 NOT 3. Also confidential  that is under footnote should not be
highlighted.
content-type="secondary">        <para>            <text>Effective February 3,
of this chapter) shall not omit the confidential portion from the material
filed in electronic format on Form SCI pursuant to Regulation SCI,
         <italic>et seq</italic>., and, in lieu of the procedures described in
            of this section, may request confidential treatment of all
information provided on Form SCI by completing Section IV of Form SCI.

Is there any way to exclude elements from the search?

Regards,Indy