We tried different ways:

1.

RequestLogger logger = databaseClient.newLogger(out);
xmlDocumentManager.startLogging(logger);
try {
    out.write("Test!".getBytes());
    out.flush();
} catch (IOException e) {
    e.printStackTrace();
}

DocumentDescriptor e = this.xmlDocumentManager.newDescriptor(this.getUri(id));
StringHandle content = (StringHandle)this.xmlDocumentManager.read(e,
(new StringHandle()).withFormat(Format.XML));

2.

RequestLogger logger = databaseClient.newLogger(out);
xmlDocumentManager.startLogging(logger);

try {

    logger.getPrintStream().write("Test".getBytes());
    logger.getPrintStream().flush();
} catch (IOException e) {
    e.printStackTrace();
}

DocumentDescriptor e = this.xmlDocumentManager.newDescriptor(this.getUri(id));
StringHandle content = (StringHandle)this.xmlDocumentManager.read(e,
(new StringHandle()).withFormat(Format.XML));

We also tried to call startLogging after the try catch block.

Once we've also tried to call append instead of write, but we never
found "Test" in the Logfiles.

Best regards

Andreas Holzgethan

*Andreas Holzgethan BSc. *