From: general-boun...@developer.marklogic.com
[general-boun...@developer.marklogic.com] on behalf of Eliot Kimber
[ekim...@contrext.com]
Sent: Saturday, August 12, 2017 10:15 AM
To: MarkLogic Developer Discussion
Subject: [MarkLogic Dev General] Tracking Spawned Tasks?

Using ML 8

I’m refining a profiling application that spawns a number of tasks and then,
eventually, reports on the results once all the tasks have completed.

Right now I just fire off the tasks and then refresh my app, which looks for
results.

It would be nice to be able to show the status of the spawned tasks but it
looks like xdmp:spawn() doesn’t return anything (sort of expected to get some
sort of task ID or something) and so there’s no obvious way to track spawned
tasks from the spawning application.

I could do something like generate private task IDs and pass those as
parameters to the spawned tasks and then maintain a set of task status docs,
but I was hoping there was some something easier.

It seems like it would be a common requirement but I couldn’t find anything
useful in the ML 8 docs or searching the web.

Thanks,

Eliot
--
Eliot Kimber