I would recommend one of the debs or the tar.gz files on
http://www.jsoftware.com/download/j801/

For a deb you should be able to do something like: sudo dpkg -i xyz.deb

I only run jconsole on linux so I can't comment on the steps to
install the qt ide beyond that

I find jconsole just as friendly as qt ide in many ways. I'm not sure
what you are looking for beyond what jconsole offers (menus, help?)


On Thu, May 1, 2014 at 1:57 PM, Yves Poitras <[email protected]> wrote:
> I tried to compile the source, as suggested.
> Did not work.
>
> Having to tell you that i am using Ubuntu 12.04.  Taught (past of "think"
> (not sure)) that Linux was more natural for J than Winchit. (OOOOuups!)
> So then, after i did read all stuff on your site, i am still stuck with a
> very-very functionnal J in terminal mode, but very-very not friendly-user.
>
> I may not had read the proper sections of your forum.  This is more than
> possible.
>
> Have a sweet solution for me?
>
> Yves
>
>
> Le 2014-05-01 13:39, Yves Poitras a écrit :
>
>> J friend,
>>
>> First, i am sorry i did not understand the purpose of your eMail.
>>
>> I must tell you that english is not my first language (mother tongue)
>>
>> Your message, after a second read, looks like as if you were trying to
>> help me.  If this is the case, i deeply appreciate.
>>
>> My problem is that i cannot get to a friendly interface (out of the Linux
>> terminal) to use my favorite prototype tool.  I mean J, of course.
>>
>> Can you help me please?
>>
>>
>> Thanks,
>> Yves
>>
>>
>>
>>
>> Le 2014-05-01 13:11, Joe Bogner a écrit :
>>>
>>> Yves, per the forum guidelines: http://www.jsoftware.com/forums.htm
>>>
>>> general   - installation, support, website and other infrastructure
>>> topics
>>>
>>> My e-mail was related to the website - specifically the wiki. Sorry, I
>>> could have been more clear.
>>>
>>> On Thu, May 1, 2014 at 1:03 PM, Yves Poitras <[email protected]>
>>> wrote:
>>>>
>>>> If you are telling about*J* (APL) programming,
>>>>
>>>> Please try to reformulate your eMail.
>>>>
>>>> Yves Poitras
>>>> J lover,
>>>> Saint-Camille, QC
>>>>
>>>>
>>>> Le 2014-05-01 12:51, Yves Poitras a écrit :
>>>>>
>>>>> English follows
>>>>>
>>>>>
>>>>> Soit t'es vraiment mélangé ou bien un crosseur.  Ne m'écris plus.
>>>>> Jamais!
>>>>>
>>>>> - - -
>>>>>
>>>>> I fear you are totally lost or not tolally fear at all. Please erase my
>>>>> eMail address NOW!
>>>>>
>>>>> Merci à l'avance,
>>>>> Thanks in advance.
>>>>>
>>>>> No jokes,
>>>>> Yves Poitras
>>>>>
>>>>>
>>>>> Le 2014-05-01 11:14, Joe Bogner a écrit :
>>>>>>
>>>>>> Hello - I seem to have forgotten my wiki password. Can that be reset?
>>>>>> I
>>>>>> tried on the web and it said it wasn't enabled.
>>>>>>
>>>>>> My username is JoeBogner
>>>>>>
>>>>>> Thanks
>>>>>> ----------------------------------------------------------------------
>>>>>> For information about J forums see http://www.jsoftware.com/forums.htm
>>>>>
>>>>>
>>>>> ----------------------------------------------------------------------
>>>>> For information about J forums see http://www.jsoftware.com/forums.htm
>>>>
>>>>
>>>> ----------------------------------------------------------------------
>>>> For information about J forums see http://www.jsoftware.com/forums.htm
>>>
>>> ----------------------------------------------------------------------
>>> For information about J forums see http://www.jsoftware.com/forums.htm
>>
>>
>> ----------------------------------------------------------------------
>> For information about J forums see http://www.jsoftware.com/forums.htm
>
>
> ----------------------------------------------------------------------
> For information about J forums see http://www.jsoftware.com/forums.htm
----------------------------------------------------------------------
For information about J forums see http://www.jsoftware.com/forums.htm

Reply via email to