Right, the way files are handled is that a file link takes you to the File:
page from which you can then download or view the file.

This is the design of mediawiki (the wikipedia engine). Wiki engines were
never really intended for file delivery systems.

In your own case, since you have several files, it would easier for the
user that you create an addon. This can be done in your own github repo,
see https://code.jsoftware.com/wiki/Addons/Installation#install_Verb .