Suggestions like this come up from time to time, but I think they are
mistaken. We already have a mechanism for naming files outside
standard J directories, see
https://code.jsoftware.com/wiki/Guides/Folders_and_Projects . I don't
think  anything else is needed, rather any extra mechanism will add
unnecessary complexity.

I'd recommend becoming thoroughly familiar with what we already have. Thanks!