Sam responded:

> >>use wget :)
>
> FYI: I've now installed both lynx and curl.

Thank you. I'll update the README and post it to the Gump Wiki for a clear
record. I'll cut-n-paste your package install command line, please update it
with these if needed.

BTW: We've done moof (although it isn't complete) and now brutus. If we do a
couple more, frm the documentation we generate for these, we ought hopefully
have nailed the steps pretty well.

> > Thanks, I tried it. Did I do something wrong?
> >
> > [EMAIL PROTECTED]:/usr/local/gump$ wget
> > http://www.apache.org/dyn/closer.cgi/maven/binaries/maven-1.0-rc2.tar.gz
>
> Take a close look at that page.  It is an HTML page telling you where
> you can download maven from, not the tar.gz file itself.

Yup, dims helped me there, and Maven (rc2) is now installed. I was blindly
looking at the extension, even though I know what closer.cgi does & it's
output. Oh well.

regards,