Adam R. B. Jack wrote:
When both Stefano and Leo both misinterpret me, I realize I failed to
communicate yet again. English truly ought not be counted as my first
language (despite being born a Brit. ;-)

you're too harsh on yourself dude :-D. I agreed with most of your post, so I snipped it. Just wanting to have everyone aware of everyone's "feelings" ;)

- Do folks want a pure Python Gump, that one can download & run directly?

that would be nice. It doesn't itch though (I have a working gump, and I can install it from scratch again in 1/2 hour).

- Or, are folks ok with Gump having other language components, and requiring
a build prior to being able to run it.

being a pragmatist, if I can "apt-get install gump", that would be perfect, regardless of the dependencies. In case you don't know, apt could download all those dependencies before installing gump.

That won't work on windows of course, but windows is not a concern of mine (hey, you asked for opinions ;).

I prefer the Python approach (even if I do get called a purist and not a
pragmatist, this time. ;).

I prefer the python approach for pragmatic reasons :D

That said, I could live with either.

me too.

--
cheers,