> > Gump has some of this already. It can use a CVS tag (or SVN branch)
> > of some module to allow this.
>
> Which would work really well if Avalon had tagged their stuff prior to
> complaints about why tagging is "sort of" vital, but all that we have are
> the current jars.  Not even the Avalon folks who later tried were able to
> reproduce the contents.  Not that you need to support that problem.  :-)

Now I didn't follow that exactly (except to commiserate ;-) but there are
also two other possibities that I'm not sure if they help you, or not. We
could add a 'packaged project' a fixed set of jars we don't (including
can't) build, for project "XYZ-version" see:

    http://brutus.apache.org/gump/public/packages.html

Alternatively, you could add/reference the jars in your CVS, and add you own
XYZ-version, kinda like james-server.xml does for dnsjava right now.

> And I would love to have James (both branch_2_1_fcs and MAIN) building
with
> GUMP.

If this means adding two modules, james-server and james-server-2_1_fcs,
then go for it. If you need help, let us know.

As you know (if you read the thread on [EMAIL PROTECTED] about freezing phoenix)
we can't (todate) ensure that no unfrozen components somewhere within both
dependency trees won't throw a spanner into the works. We can consider that
if/when it occurs though.

regards,