> I've been struggling with Gump performance issues for months now. That is
> 'clogs up' (on large workspaces) has continually hampered usage &
(frankly)
> my progress .

One thing that I did find when I was doing performance analysis/tuning of
the DOM-like (create a tree of objects then serialize) code was that this
code was one huge major total and complete *leak*. It really ought just add
a simple attribute to the class the leverages it (i.e. owner) and it ought
clean up (when __del__ is called remove that, breaking circular links) --
**but it doesn't**. I watch memory grow with it in, and not without it. I
don't get Python!

I removed use of this & the leak goes away.

http://cvs.apache.org/viewcvs.cgi/gump/python/gump/utils/owner.py?rev=1.4.4.2&view=markup

This needs to be made prettier, but see it runs in 2 something hours, which
isn't bad for a virtual machines:

    http://gump.try.sybase.com/buildLog.html

regards