Nick Chalko wrote:

Nicola Ken Barozzi wrote:

Stefano Mazzocchi wrote:

I have started to use python myself because I loved the much faster try/fail cycle of a scripting language and python looked a lot friendlier than other scripting languages.

But in my experience, it doesn't scale in terms of complexity as much as java does.

This is my impression also :-(

Java: it's truly cross-platform and the Gump PMC members all know it quite well; easy to install * cons: dunno

I think the main problem we will face in a Java Gump is dependencies. We will have to COMPLETELY resit depending on anything except JDK 1.4

Very true, but doable, IMO since we get XML/XSLT/DOM support in there.

--
Stefano.