Leo Simons wrote:
> Dave Brondsema wrote:
> > Greetings gump-ers, from the other half of your namesake.
> >
> > I sent the following to infrastructure and they suggested running it on
> > brutus.  I wouldn't have any problem with that.
> >
> >> We at Forrest would like to get an ASF-wide forrestbot installation set
> >> up.
>
> please understand that brutus is "untrusted". We shouldn't have brutus
> autopublish results to ASF websites (which would mean an SSH connection
> from brutus to minotaur, which wouldn't be nice).
>
> other than that, no problems. Just list what you need...I'd prefer to
> just create an account and webspace and have the forrest guys manage the
> forrest bot...

(Hi all, i just joined general<AT>gump ... been meaning to do so
for ages. We had talked in the past about helping Gump with a
Forrest webapp for other purposes.)

Leo, we had an excellent discussion on infra@ about ASF publishing
of websites (see "forrestbot" thread). There were good outcomes.

We do *not* want to publish anything from brutus to minotaur.
The infrastructure discussion suggested that we cooperate with
Gump and use brutus to conduct an experimental install of the
forrestbot webapp interface and of the forrestbot production
system. Later there would be a trusted machine where we could
run an ASF forrestbot.

--
David Crossley