Stefano Mazzocchi wrote:
> David Crossley wrote:
> > At Forrest our module.xml is an integral part of our build.
> > I gather that we could use the "svn:externals property" too.
>
> yes, if that's the need, yes. note however, how svn:external works only
> on a folder (or, at least, I couldn't make it work on a single file)

Drat, no good then, because we only want the one file.

> an alternative, which I'm considering for cocoon too, is to use a <get>
> operation in the build.xml that fetches the file directly from the CVS
> repository via viewCVS.
>
> This would allow us to avoid moving the metadata to SVN entirely!

Sounds good.

> > We could instead re-structure our build system at Forrest
> > to not depend on the module.xml file. At first glance it is
> > just to grab our version number. However, we are just about
> > to enter a release process, so not yet.
>
> hmmm, if it's just the version number, it's a trivial change, as you can
> place that into the build.properties files and be as happy.

Yes. We do not have build.properties, but can do something.

> in any case, it is failing so I will start moving it over anyway. you
> guys can decide what to do on your own.

As far as i can tell, it is failing because "ant-contrib"
is failing and we get some previous build of that.
Not our failure, so i didn't do anything.
We have had this one before.

> > Anyway, +1 from me (still need to raise on forrest-dev)
>
> please do
>
> > for moving our metadata to the Gump repository
> > and +1 for moving all Gump metadata to SVN.
>
> with the above <get trick it might not be necessary for now.

Will investigate. As i said we are not doing any change
for now, due to imminent release.

--
David Crossley