I didn't quite understand why something would be needed at build time,
but not runtime?

> If that helps.  I'm not sure.  We still have a few cases of jelly-tags
> builds that passed in the Ant incarnation but fail now that we use
> Maven.

which ones? There haven't been any mails, and
http://brutus.apache.org/gump/public/project_todos.html
doesn't show them. I'm guessing its because other dependent projects
are failing?

> I guess - but that's not backed by any facts yet - that the
> problem is that CVS dom4j needs Jaxen at runtime, but Maven's junit
> plugin ignores Jaxen even if it is on the classpath.

"ignores Jaxen" - this shouldn't be the case, though it won't be used
as the default XML parser I don't think. Anyway, no point stabbing in
the dark - if I see a failer, I can look at addressing it.

> quite a bit of work since it also happened to the tags.  I'll restore
> the ones for jelly and add more to the tags as the need arises.

Probably best as it was probably cut and pasted anyway, so this should
be more accurate.

- Brett