On Thu, 10 Feb 2005, Peter Janes <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> Stefan Bodewig wrote:
>> On Wed, 09 Feb 2005, Peter Janes <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
>>
>>>The way to fix the build is to use namespacing,
>> one way, not *the* way.  The other way is to use the xml descriptor
>> instead of the properties file as resource in the taskdef.
>
> Ah, I should have left it to the Ant master instead of being all
> clever-like. :)

Did I sound like that?  I hope not.

> A one-line fix is definitely easier than a maze of twisty little
> namespace prefixes.

That's why I presented it.  In general I prefer namespaces for their
clarity inside of the build file as well.

For Gump's purpose all that had to be done was a single namespace
declaration on <project> and prefixes later on, but outside of Gump,
antcontrib.jar wouldn't be on the CLASSPATH and you must use an
explicit <antlib> with classpath definitions - or taskdef.

> In my defense, the usage you presented isn't really made clear in
> two the examples use .properties files, and I found the latter
> confusing

Patches are always welcome. ;-)

> --and the ant-contrib website doesn't mention that it can be used as
> an antlib at all.

The ant-contrib website is out-of-date in many ways, mainly because it
doesn't get updated automatically.  The CVS version of the docs is
further ahead.

Cheers