On Mon, 07 Mar 2005, Leo Simons <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> On 07-03-2005 09:07, "Stefan Bodewig" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

>> We probably could make all our workspaces share the same "cvs"
>> directory, i.e. the directory holding the clean working copies,
>> this would give us a few GB additional disk space.
>
> Yep. Before we do that we need to change things so we are totally
> sure that no two gump runs can intermingle, ever.

There are two things to worry about:

(1) Two concurrent "cvs up" or "svn up" processes.  I don't think
    they'd manage to deadlock each other, can they?

(2) "cvs up" or "svn up" running at the same time as a sync process,
    so we'd end up with an inconsistent copy after sync.

We already lock Gump runs against each other via lock files that we
need to clean from time to time, the same tactic could apply to
locking sync and update from each other.