Hi,

I was reminded of Gump and Maven metadata this morning, and with all
the gump3 activity thought I would check in.

I haven't been completely across the gump3 plans, but was wondering
what plans there are for a couple of things:

- using Maven IDs. Last Leo and I said on this was...
http://mail-archives.eu.apache.org/mod_mbox/gump-general/200501.mbox/[EMAIL
PROTECTED]
- being able to read Maven POMs as well as gump descriptor files
(IIRC, Stefano suggested this would be a good idea last year)

I can offer moral support and design decisions if necessary, just not
coding due to bandwidth, and having to learn Python, as always. I can
possibly write a generator for a python script to read a POM and
populate a data model from the Maven model definition (which we now do
with the Java code), allowing the parsing of Maven 1.0, Maven 2.0 and
any later versions of the POM.

Cheers,
Brett