Dear Wiki user,

You have subscribed to a wiki page or wiki category on "Gump Wiki" for change
notification.

The following page has been changed by LeoSimons:
http://wiki.apache.org/gump/GumpAndMaven

The comment on the change is:
Strip some stuff from adam's email and add it here

+ = Task Description =
+
  Allowing gump3 to run maven without changing the maven descriptor files
+
+ = Task List =

  '''Need to:'''

@@ -14, +18 @@

  ***Currently being built into gump3

+ = Notes =
+
+ Gump2 has an integration with Maven, albeit at the runtime interface (Gump2
+ can launch Maven) but not the metadata level, i.e. the Maven project
+ descriptor. This means that Gump2 processes it's own (Gump) metadata format
+ [1] to understand how interact with Maven, and not Maven's native version
+ [2], which contain the same information. This duplication makes it harder
+ for Maven projects to exist in Gump, even though a tool exists [4] that maps
+ the formats. The truism "if data exists in two places one of them is wrong"
+ holds, and often the Gump metadata is out of date/wrong.
+
+ We are looking for Gump3 to consume a Maven project descriptors [2]
+ directly. Also, one thing we wish to resolve is [3]. As such, the Gump3 code
+ is in SVN, at [5], although we'll figure out a better way for you to access
+ it.
+