On Fri, 04 Nov 2005, <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> Reverting the last few commits, since they don't help
>
> Modified: gump/metadata/project/struts.xml URL:
> http://svn.apache.org/viewcvs/gump/metadata/project/struts.xml?rev=330729&r1=330728&r2=330729&view=diff
>
>      <depend project="commons-validator" />
> -    <depend project="commons-jelly-tags-ant" />
> -    <depend project="commons-jelly" />
> -    <depend project="commons-jexl" />
> -    <depend project="commons-collections" />
> -    <depend project="dom4j" />
> -    <depend project="packaged-jaxen" />
>      <depend project="httpunit" />
> -    <option project="jakarta-cactus-framework-12" />
> -    <option project="jakarta-cactus-integration-ant-12"/>
>      <depend project="jakarta-oro" />

Bill,

the problem is that even if the build needed those projects, Maven
will ignore them unless the project descriptor mentions those
dependencies as well.

I'm not sure, but I guess that some change in xdoclet now requires a
newer version of dom4j than the one shipping with Maven.

This implies the Maven build of struts-taglibs actually works at all,
I never tried it.