On Thu, 16 Nov 2006, Stefano Mazzocchi <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> Stefan Bodewig wrote:

>> Stefano, you later mention ecj.  Ant could probably benefit from a
>> compiler adapter to it so you could set a property in Gump's
>> workspace and have ant use that on all projects.
>>
>> The environment variable JAVAC should work for bootstrap.sh as
>> well, as long as ecj is command line compatible to javac.
>
> Not sure what action you are suggesting me to do :-)

Not sure whether I know myself.

The eclipse compiler does have an Ant adapter, at least it used to
have, somewhere in the eclipse repo.  If you wanted to use that in
Gump you had to make sure the adapter was on the CLASSPATH and you'd
need to set the build.compiler property on every Ant run in Gump (can
be done at the workspace level).

I'm not familiar enough with the javac options of Harmony to know what
the best approach is.  Is ecj Harmony's compiler of choice?  If so my
suggestion is to set the JAVAC environment variable for bootstrap-ant
to point to it and to locate the compiler adapter and use it.

I don't think this would affect the Maven builds, though.