I do not believe it is a regression,but it was also broken on the old vmgump. If you search the archives for log4net , the later entries should describe the issue. If I remember correctly mono places a nant ( lower case no extension) on the path while gump invokes Nant.exe. Either should work on windows but only nant would work on a nix. Alternatively you could place a symlink for Nant.exe on the path and link it to nant.