Bill Barker wrote:
"Leo Simons" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote in message news:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Of interest:

  [EMAIL PROTECTED]:/home/gump# cd ~gump
  [EMAIL PROTECTED]:/home/gump# du -hs .ivy
  1.2G    .ivy
  [EMAIL PROTECTED]:/home/gump# du -hs .maven
  41M     .maven
  [EMAIL PROTECTED]:/home/gump# du -hs .m2
  791M    .m2

While we have a bunch of different stuff in .maven and .m2, almost all of the stuff in ~gump/.ivy is smartfrog artifacts, going back months and months and months. There's no reason for gump to keep months of generated jars. I'd argue that either

  * there must be a way to configure ivy to do a "SNAPSHOT" thingie

or

  * we must erase ~/.ivy after every run

opinions?

Actually, I guess we could also just erase .maven and .m2, once a week, too.

I disabled the cleanup for .maven, since it nuked all of the plugins maven needs to do anything. We run maven with --offline, so it shouldn't grow too big.

What about purging *-SNAPSHOT in the maven dir?

Author: Ant in Action           http://antbook.org/