That appears to have been painless. No project seemed to break by reverting all projects back to log4j 1.2. At this point, project/ logging-log4j.xml could be removed from profile/gump.xml. I'll let you make the call on whether to leave it in there to monitor the health of our abandoned branch, rename it, or remove it.

I moved directory-asn from depending on nlog4j to slf4j-simple. It no longer fails due to a dependency, but fails due to an unrelated pom problem. At this point, you should be able to remove nlog4j as it has no dependencies.