> On Mon, 14 Jul 2008, sebb <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
>
> On 11/07/2008, Stefan Bodewig <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> > > On Thu, 10 Jul 2008, sebb <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> >  >
> >  > On 10/07/2008, Maarten Coene <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> >  > > Hi,
> >  > >
> >  > >  I just noticed that the project "ivy-tests" is failing for some time
> > now, however, we didn't receive any notification mail.
> >  > >  Any idea why this is the case?
> >  >
> >  > I noticed the same problem with JMeter.
> >  >
> >  > Maybe build failure detection has changed or is not working?
> >

> > I don't think it is anything on Gump's side, but more likely some
> >  change to the mailing list setup (Sebb would know better than me).
>
> I don't know about other MLs, but the JMeter one certainly has not
> changed in ages.

I recall there were some change WRT lists that receive commit emails
(automoderation of @apache.org addresses).  At least in Ivy's case
they get sent to the [EMAIL PROTECTED] list which would fall into this
category.  And I recall that Gump nags re-appeared on the commons
lists after I changed the sender address (to mine).

> >  There hasn't been any code change to Gump in months.
>
> Gump mails are certainly being sent/received by some projects, so it
> can't be a general mail problem.
>
> Maybe the problem is with detecting whether to send an email after an
> error has occurred?

should be the same for all projects.  A Gump run is either "official"
or it is not.  If it is official it will send nags whenever a build
fails.