<snip/>

> I'd bet that the retroweaver will produce everytime the same thing. However,
> md5sums (ans sha1sum) is generated by the deploy plugin automatically and
> will always validate the deployed jar itself.
>
> - Jörg

<snip/>

For the md5sum I was referring to an md5sum run against .class files
extracted from the retro-weaved JAR, varying from build to build.  On
the bsf-engines module from the 3.x branch, this can be observed by
running the following command twice:

bsf-engines$ mvn clean install && unzip -p
target/bsf-engines-3.0-SNAPSHOT.jar bsh/engine/BshScriptEngine.class |
md5sum
<snip/>
c6817d078ad972bcf1716e05e4c7f52f  -
bsf-engines$ mvn clean install && unzip -p
target/bsf-engines-3.0-SNAPSHOT.jar bsh/engine/BshScriptEngine.class |
md5sum
<snip/>
49fb13a50a5c8bbf88823f31ca882680  -

Not sure what to make of that - is it retroweaver?  Maybe retroweaver
places some datetime related info into the instrumented class-file.
It doesn't matter, just pointing out that this tripped me when I was
trying to fix the build and test that I was producing the exact same
artifact with the new build.  It turns out that the artifact will be
different from build to build without changes, unless I am missing
something.

Brett