Hi all,

Gump's trunk contains a tweak to the new <mvn2install> builder (which
installs POMs to the local repository) where it tries to parse enough of
the POM so that you no longer need to specify the version inside the
Gump descriptor.

The logic I use is:

 * if an element /project/version exists, use its text content

 * otherwise if an element /project/parent/version exists, use its text
   content

 * otherwise give up, complain that the Gump descriptor must contain a
   version attribute

This assumes that if a POM doesn't specify a version it must inherit the
one from the parent POM.  Unfortunately I don't find any documentation
on the maven site that would explicitly confirm this assumption (even
though it seems to be true).

Can anybody more familiar with mvn than me confirm this is correct?

Thanks