On 2010-09-21, Niall Pemberton wrote:

> On Tue, Sep 21, 2010 at 8:28 AM,  <bode...@apache.org> wrote:
>> Author: bodewig
>> Date: Tue Sep 21 07:28:24 2010
>> New Revision: 999257

>> Log:
>> try publishing beanutils' POM as beanutils-core POM, not sure it will work

> It should be OK. It will have an additional (unnecessary) dependency
> on Commons Collections - but that shouldn't cause any problems.

The reason I added it was

<http://vmgump.apache.org/gump/public/checkstyle/checkstyle/gump_work/build_checkstyle_checkstyle.html>

Which looks like a project using (a released version of) beanutils but
not depending on commons-collections, like we've seen for
digester-test.  checkstyle doesn't depend on beanutils but only on
beantils-core but since we publish the normal beanutils jar as
beanutils-core in Gump it may be that this dependency on
commons-collections only exists inside Gump.

The "not sure it will work" part is more about the fact that the POM
will specify a different artifactId than mvn asks for and I don't know
whether mvn will ignore this or reject the POM or explode or whatever.