Hi Sebb,

sebb wrote:

> On 9 December 2010 05:33, Stefan Bodewig <bode...@apache.org> wrote:
>> On 2010-12-09, Ludmila Shikhvarg wrote:
>>
>>> Use windows 7 with cygwin environment to run gump,
>>
>> I don't think anybody has ever tried to run Gump on Windows and I'm very
>> sure there are a few unixisms inside the code.  It's probably fair to
>> assume it simply won't work and Gump requires a Unix-like system with
>> Unix conventions for paths and filenames.  In particular java must use
>> Unix like conventions.
>
> Not sure that's true.

In this case it is.

>>> Command Line
>>
>>> c:/jdk1.6.0_21/bin/java
>>> -Xbootclasspath/p:/home/dtftest/gump/packages/jaxp-1_3/jaxp-
api.jar:/home/dtftest/gump/packages/jaxp-1_3/dom.jar:/home/dtftest/gump/packages/jaxp-1_3/sax.jar:/home/dtftest/gump/packages/jaxp-1_3/xercesImpl.jar:/home/dtftest/gump/packages/jaxp-1_3/xalan.jar
>>> org.apache.tools.ant.Main -Dgump.merge=/home/dtftest/gump/work/merge.xml
>
> There should be a space or = after "-Xbootclasspath" - that might
> explain the the problem?

The path still uses ':' as separator and some added paths start with
/home/xxx which are typically Cygwin paths. Both cannot be processed by a
Windows-based java.

>> The bootclasspath is not a Windows path, this likely won't work at all.

Therefore Stefan is right.

However, it seems that it's not a Java application that creates those
constructs, but some Unix shell scripts. If the original poster can adjust
those to provide real Windows paths when invoking Java, he might get Gump
running. Stefan might be interested in patches in that case ;-)

- Jörg