From: "Stefan Bodewig" <bode...@apache.org>
Sent: Wednesday, December 08, 2010 9:33 PM
To: <general@gump.apache.org>
Subject: Re: xml-apis fails

On 2010-12-09, Ludmila Shikhvarg wrote:

Use windows 7 with cygwin environment to run gump,

I don't think anybody has ever tried to run Gump on Windows and I'm very
sure there are a few unixisms inside the code.  It's probably fair to
assume it simply won't work and Gump requires a Unix-like system with
Unix conventions for paths and filenames.  In particular java must use
Unix like conventions.

I've run Gump on Windows before, but not recently. It would run just fine for Java builds. But I wasn't using cygwin, so can't help much here. I just used the gump.bat script.

     Command Line

c:/jdk1.6.0_21/bin/java

-Xbootclasspath/p:/home/dtftest/gump/packages/jaxp-1_3/jaxp-api.jar:/home/dtftest/gump/packages/jaxp-1_3/dom.jar:/home/dtftest/gump/packages/jaxp-1_3/sax.jar:/home/dtftest/gump/packages/jaxp-1_3/xercesImpl.jar:/home/dtftest/gump/packages/jaxp-1_3/xalan.jar
       org.apache.tools.ant.Main -Dgump.merge=/home/dtftest/gump/work/merge.xml

The bootclasspath is not a Windows path, this likely won't work at all.